Technical Product Manager
Job ID 2022-3688
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is looking for a Technical Product Manager / Digital Operations Product Manager to help with creation and expansion of internal Newsletter creation related tools and harmonizing processes across various newsletter teams.
Successful candidate will show the ability to combine organizational, communication, and technical skills to gather business objectives and work closely with appropriate teams to come up with the best solution and write specific requirements for implementation.
• Lead business requirement discussions with stakeholders (Marketing/Editorial, Engineers, Architects, etc.) and translate the business needs into functional requirements.
• Own the product roadmap for Newsletter Builder and integrations with other products
• Creating and maintaining documentation and related artifacts (eg. data dictionaries, user/data flows), working closely with QA / UAT / PMO teams to ensure successful delivery for business needs
• Organize and participate in solution discussions. Work closely with other teams to assess and outline impacts of product changes to other systems and teams.
• Build relationships with stakeholders to understand their business needs and challenges in order to evolve the product over time to streamline business processes and reduce risk.
• Prepare business process business cases, including current documentation of processes, phases of process re-organization, and execution plans.
• Manage project delivery from initial business case thru to execution, working cross functionally with functional team leaders to ensure successful rollout
• Analyze data in order to find or solve business problems; Must be comfortable with data, ability to understand business problems, synthesize data, and draw conclusions which result in projects that will create efficiency for the business
• Ability to manage multiple requests from across several groups and determine priorities for the agile team
• 5+ years of overall experience in product management or similar roles in creating solutions for editorial / marketing teams. Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience preferred.
• Strong interest in building custom tools that enable Editorial and Marketing teams to create and manage Newsletters and related workflows.
• Previous experience with marketing platforms such as SFMC (Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar)
• Comfortable with backend systems and working with email related analytics / data
• Demonstrated ability as a strong and confident communicator, able to translate between business, editorial, and engineering teams;
• Understanding of core web technologies
• Excellent organization and documentation skills (Google Workspace/MS Office Suite)
• Experience working in Agile environments
Other Preferred skills / knowledge:
• Customer Data Platforms, SQL, HTML, Everest, ReturnPath, BrightVerify, Litmus, CAN Spam, GDPR Compliance.