Job ID 2018-13803
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
WebMD is looking for a talented Android Developer to join our growing organization. The following are the responsibilities for the role:
- Designing and implementing mobile solutions making appropriate use of software design patterns and best practices
- Estimating tasks to help with planning
- Researching and resolving client reported issues
- Writing unit tests and UI tests to help continuously test our apps and increase the quality of our apps
- Review project requirements and define acceptance criteria with the team
Contribute to a SCRUM based agile team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives
- 2 + years’ experience in mobile development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or at least 4 years additional experience in Information Technology
- Must have at least one app published in Google Play app store. App must have server side interactions. (NOTE: If you do not have a published app you must be able to demonstrate and explain Android code)
- Must have an understanding of major Android Design & Development paradigms spanning User Experience (native and webviews), data ingestion, analytics, webservices etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of application of Material Design Guidelines
- Experience writing multi-threaded apps.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and testing (unit, automation, integration) high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code.
- Experience with JSON and XML
- Experience with version control – Git preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, business management, time management and developmental skills.
- Ability to communicate with other employees in the company in both technical and non-technical roles.
Please list the preferred skills here:
- Experience with Kotlin
- iOS development experience would be a huge plus