Job ID 2019-1748
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Medical Proofreader will work in close collaboration with staff and freelance editors to ensure that all digitally developed promotional materials are consistent with client guidelines and adhere to Medscape's quality standards and best practices. For the successful candidate, this position offers great opportunity and exposure to professional promotions on a global scale whilst working in an exciting and highly motivated environment.
- Proofread various Web-based promotional materials (banners, e-mails, web pages, learning modules, etc.) targeting physicians and other healthcare professionals to ensure accuracy and consistency of style, copy, and graphics, as well as adherence to all client guidelines
- Check for grammar, spelling, punctuation, formatting consistency, and adherence to pharma brand style/editorial guidelines
- Review materials at multiple stages (before client review, promotional review, final proof, etc.), and ensure accuracy of all projects
- Correct errors and edit documents using markup tools in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word
- Use Workfront, Medscape's workflow/content management system, to receive/pass work and communicate with cross-departmental teams
- BA in English, Journalism, Communications, or some Medicine/Health-related field is preferred or equivalent years of related experience
- 1-2 years’ experience proofreading digitally produced promotional content or medical communications preferred
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and collaborate effectively across departments under tight deadlines, to provide consistently accurate, high-quality projects as final deliverables
- Expert understanding of written English (grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
- Knowledge of EMA regulations preferred
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office
- Pharmaceutical/ad agency experience preferred
- Bilingual English and one other European language (reading and writing in a professional medical communications capacity) is preferred
This is NOT a remote position and you will be required to be in office.
A proofreading test will be required.