Associate Content Editor - Medical
Job ID 2019-1690
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Promotional Content Department provides Medscape product-based content solutions for our clients of healthcare provider marketers. The Associate Content Developer is responsible for assessing our clients’ promotional assets and optimizing them for our products. The Associate Content Developer is also the primary stakeholder in the product execution process. Core ownerships include promotional content knowledge, medical legal regulatory knowledge, and Medscape product knowledge. Key partnerships include Account Management and Copyedit Services. The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, a strong sense of accountability, and experience working in pharmaceutical/healthcare marketing. This is an entry-level position.
- Adapt approved promotional assets to suit our products.
- Write short-form promotional copy to drive engagement with our products.
- Adhere to medical legal regulatory limitations.
- Guide key stakeholders through the content development/product execution process.
- Champion content and execution best practices for our stakeholders.
- Ensure content execution quality.
- BA/BS or equivalent years of experience.
- 1-2 years of professional writing or editing experience, preferably in the healthcare space.
- Proven time-management capabilities, preferably in a high-volume environment.
- Experience in a process-oriented workflow.
- Proven competency with content development software, particularly Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Client-facing experience, including internal clients.
- Advanced degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or any healthcare-related field.
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress.
- Experience with project management platforms such as WorkFront or Trello.
- Knowledge of HTML.
- Attendance of medical legal regulatory reviews.
Writing samples will be expected.
This is not a remote position.