Digital Production Marketing Manager
Job ID 2019-1398
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, is currently seeking a Web Production Manager, Audience Engagement, for our New York Education business unit. Medscape develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, as well as earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
The Web Production Manager position will report to the Director of Audience Engagement and will be in charge of the creation and implementation of strategic onsite marketing campaigns / surveys to help achieve the contractual traffic and quarterly revenue goals for Medscape Education activities that target both physicians and other healthcare professionals. This person will oversee the orchestration, production, tracking, analytics and optimization for all site-based education marketing campaigns and surveys, and will need to work closely with the Audience Engagement team to provide regular status updates and trends. Experience with marketing automation systems and survey coding is preferred. In absence of that, an understanding of programming that will demonstrate the candidate’s ability to translate business objectives into system commands and logically debug those commands when the marketing result is not what was expected is a reasonable proxy. Some experience with SQL would be helpful to the role. In addition to being technically savvy, the ideal candidate will bring strong project management, data management, analytical, communication, and problem solving skills. He/she must have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining the ability to think strategically. This is a leadership role.
- Work cross-functionally with the Personalization & Targeting Services team, Integration team, & Data Services team to manage and coordinate all onsite tactics within marketing plans for sold activities for Medscape Education. More specifically:
- Work with the Personalization Targeting and Integration teams to manage proprietary onsite marketing tools, as well as plan and implement personalized targeting tactics
- Manage all onsite education campaigns and write marketing automation rules
- Analyze response rate trends to inform larger team of best practices
- Develop a strong understanding of the education product portfolio to assist in the creation of key strategies to target the right audience for onsite recruitment
- Effectively anticipate problems, generate and analyze solutions. Contribute to overall quality of each individual campaign by conducting tests to ensure error-free execution of every launch
- Manage bugs surfaced from testing and QA to uphold quality and error-free execution
- Improve upon promotional tactics and audience segmentation through the use of smarter, more appropriately targeted strategies, which include optimizing list segmentation/targeting to improve channel response rates
- Track overall activity performance daily/weekly to quickly adjust marketing campaigns to meet aggressive revenue goals
- Track and analyze data around onsite tactics to ensure marketing campaigns are running efficiently, work with Data Analytics team to create tools and reports to improve activity tracking and reporting capabilities
- Work closely with the Web Production team as well as the Audience Engagement Email team to set-up, launch and manage surveys, specifically:
- Leverage survey tools like SurveyWriter, Decipher and other survey platforms to create surveys and collect results
- Analyze response rates and disseminate appropriate data points
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience in the digital or online media space
- Quick learner of new technologies, tools and processes; ability to adapt to change
- Proven ability to troubleshoot basic technical problems logically and systematically
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, responsible, accountable, and results-driven
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, operational, analytical, presentation, and project management skills
- Proven success in working both independently as well as with cross-functional teams
- Proficient in understanding, representing, and communicating data-driven analysis to various departments
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience with survey creation tools preferable
- Experience with JSON and Groovy preferable
- Basic understanding/experience with a marketing automation tool preferable
- Working experience with web standards and the ability to learn quickly about web service interfaces and backend technologies preferred
- BA/BS degree in a technical discipline is preferred