Job ID 2019-1777
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Identify editorial optimization opportunities for new and existing content.
- Provide technical modifications to improve SEO best practices across the site.
- Formulate specifications for the recommendations made by the SEO.
- Document SEO requirements for updates, redesigns, and other changes proposed to the site where such changes could affect Organic traffic.
- Coordinate with Product and Project Managers to circulate ideas and track strategic SEO initiatives.
- Collaborate with other SEO team members to uncover additional opportunities and techniques including internal site architecture enhancements, internal link building, and indexation efficiencies designed to increase search ranking across WebMD's properties.
- Actively communicate with stakeholders across the business to both publicize updates from SEO initiatives and analyze dev roadmaps looking for opportunities for SEO growth while mitigating risks from planned changes.
- Perform keyword research and analyze search trends to help appraise proposals for new content creation
- Utilize enterprise SEO tools to support decisions and uncover opportunities for site-wide improvements
- A minimum of three years of experience as an SEO or three+ years in a digital marketing role inclusive of SEO
- Comprehensive understanding of SEO best practices, SEO strategies, search term research, keyword targeting, and technical obstacles that would hinder SEO efforts
- Highly skilled in developing effective keyword targeting, prioritizing SEO opportunities, and executing on planned SEO tactics:
- Candidate must be able to provide work samples or case studies of successful execution of SEO initiatives or other digital marketing programs that have led to increases in organic traffic
- Have exceptional verbal and writing communication skills, an outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in our dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- The ability to work independently as well as collaborative as a cross-functional team member
- Extensive knowledge of optimizing websites for major search engines including how HTML, Vue.js and site architecture can impact search rankings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and advanced in Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Google & Bing's Search Console.
- Experience with Omniture/Site Catalyst web metrics a big plus.
- Knowledge of medical-information related SEO advantageous.
- History of optimizing large websites with content management and publishing systems useful.
- Building, maintaining and running GSC reporting via APIs would be exemplary.
- B.A. in associated fields including Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, or similar preferred.