Job ID 2020-2015
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is currently seeking a Data Analyst. This position will work within the BI team and has responsibility for deriving insights, analyzing trends, developing and delivering reporting including dashboards, and contributing to a data driven strategy and leading data projects. We are searching for someone with strong analytic capabilities and success in deriving insight from data. Your background should include dashboard design, data visualization, automated reporting applications, coding, testing, debugging, file maintenance routines and documentation of both database design and Tableau reporting platforms. To be successful, you will need technical knowledge of all phases of enterprise reporting systems applications.
In this role you will:
- Analyze different aspects of the business based on requirements and the intended audience. This can include root-cause analysis, making recommendations and delivering key metrics;
- Build data models and define KPIs that allow the business to better understand trends, growth, and opportunities;
- Empower stakeholders in a self-serve manner by conceptualizing, building, and delivering dashboards based on a set of requirements or needs;
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and support them to better understand user activity on the site;
- Manage projects and ad-hoc tasks from inception to delivery;
- Present findings from data analysis to peers, management, and leadership;
- Develop implementation plans and timelines;
- Develop Data Warehouse structures and reports;
- Manage, run, and refresh schedules for dashboards and reports;
- Perform bug fixing, maintenance and upgrades to code;
- Maintain documentation for design, development and reporting work;
- Translate business requirements into technical designs.
- 3+ years’ experience in a data intensive role including providing data analysis and developing reports using enterprise reporting tools
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a related quantitative field or an additional 4+ years of business/data analysis experience
- 1+ years’ experience creating dashboards using Tableau or other similar data visualization tools and data warehousing applications
- 3+ years’ experience coding complex SQL queries and logic.
- 1+ years’ manipulating data in a Unix environment, preferably Linux
- Preferably 1+ years’ of web analytic experience, Omniture experience is a Plus
- Demonstrable experience in RDBMS or MPP databases and related tools such as DB Visualizer or Toad
- Advanced experience with Excel
- Experience following established internal guidelines dealing with database objects, dashboard looks, and coding practices while meeting tight deadlines