Web Application Developer - VueJS
Job ID 2021-3175
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
What You Will Be Doing at WebMD
WebMD Directories team is seeking a motivated and spirited Web Application Developer to join our team of talented professionals dedicated to building and enhancing WebMD’s next generation product portfolio. The ideal candidate has diverse experience engineering interactive, responsive, high-traffic, public web applications within an enterprise setting. We are seeking engineers who are natural leaders to bring a fresh perspective and who thrive in collaborative team settings and want to learn with opportunities to work on major consumer focused health care provider directories. This is a unique opportunity to impact and participate in the building of ground-breaking products with the latest web technologies.
- Be part of a collaborative, friendly, and open environment with a team that offers high level exposure
- Work with the Product Management team to understand user needs and requirements
- Interact with a cross-functional team including product and project management, development, and infrastructure
- Develop responsive, multi-screen enterprise web applications and APIs using modern web technologies (HTML, CSS, VueJs, NodeJS)
- Build and consume REST APIs with NodeJS and Express
- Project responsibilities include development, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance
- Actively participate in and contribute to global site architectural discussions and initiatives
- Actively contribute to and enforce best practices and group standards
What's In It For You
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in finding the right solution for the challenge in a team culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you!
What You Need For This Position (minimum qualifications)
- Experience working with HTML5 APIs (Video/Audio, Local Storage, History, Canvas Animation)
- Experience developing responsive, multi device (desktop/tablet/mobile) pixel perfect layouts
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Familiarity and comfort using version control software, preferably Git
- Agile development practices: Scrum, Kanban/Lean, test-driven development, continuous integration
... and if you have the following, even better! (preferred qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and experience of the challenges running a large public web application
- Experience building NodeJS REST APIs with Express
- SOLR / Lucene query knowledge and experience
- Experience building CommonJS/AMD modules with RequireJS or equivalent
- Understanding of SEO and traffic metrics
- Experience with implementing SEO and page performance best practices
- Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards knowledge and best practices
- Code samples (examples: URLs with descriptions of which parts you developed, zip file, link to a github.com or equivalent profile)