Intern - Marketing Graphic Design
Job ID 2019-1238
"Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status."
WebMD/Medscape is looking for a qualified intern to join our B2B Marketing Team. The Medscape Education Marketing Team produces communications and sales materials in the healthcare education market. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship with experience in marketing and design within the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry.
· Design a variety of marketing materials – signs, flyers, brochures, etc.
· Assist with presentation design and cleanup
· Update existing marketing materials to new templates
· Update/create library of graphic assets for team use
· Develop infographics for new data/research
· Design materials for Q3/Q4 conferences and events
· Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and returning for the Fall 2019 semester
· GPA of 3.2 or higher
· Excellent written and oral communication skills required
· Proficient with design software (Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign))
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Strong project management background
· Detail-oriented self-starter willing to take lead on projects
· Enrolled in a curriculum with concentration on art or graphic design
· Social media design experience
· Web design experience
· Infographic or logo design experience
*Prefer local candidate or someone within reasonable commuting distance to New York City. Relocation/housing assistance is not available for this position.