Market Research Manager
Job ID 2019-1155
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Market Research Manager is responsible for responsible for the end-to-end planning and execution of market research projects. The market research manager will need to have a full understanding of qualitative and quantitative market research in order to exceed client expectations along with yearly revenue goals. Additionally the market research manager will be able to adapt to our changing business by focusing on constant business improvements and efficiencies. Specific responsibilities include:
Responsible for key client accounts.
- Ownership of the account(s) you manage including feasibility, pricing, fielding planning, oversight of project execution and project close out.
- Attendance at client meetings to enhance and grow the client relationships.
- Ensure accurate and timely bidding, project set-up, execution and project closure based on the client’s needs and project timelines.
- Evaluate account relationships and look for ways to make improvements in order to grow the business.
- Ensure you and the resources you are working with are providing a high level of client satisfaction.
- Pro-actively inform clients of project issues and suggestions on resolving these issues.
- Delegation and oversight of tasks to junior team members.
- Prepare recruitment plans and work with junior team members to projects by the clients’ deadline.
- Manage internal and external consultants and/or vendors for analysis, data processing, questionnaire design, programming and recruitment support.
- Maintain project budgets and work with off-shore team to prepare final study costs for finance on projects.
- Ensure all survey completers for your surveys are accurately paid within specified timeframes.
- Ensure accurate revenue forecasting.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer support inquiries.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of process improvements.
- 5-8 years market research experience including project management
- 6+ years of experience with traditional and digital market research techniques
- 5+ years of program management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task among many different projects at once
- Must have excellent communication skills to manage client expectations and clearly communicate project progression.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively to find solutions to recruitment issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS-Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) a must.
- 2+ years of experience with MS-Excel and pivot table experience, a must.
- Bachelors in marketing, technology or other aligned major.
- Experience in account management
- Experience in survey programming logic, testing surveys
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative market research
- Understanding of statistical principles of sampling and significance testing are a plus.