Sr Tech Support Engineer
Job ID 2019-1427
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Senior Technical Support Engineer, Corporate Technology, Desktop Support Services – WebMD
This position is accountable for daily desktop support and operations in WebMD, operating within enterprise infrastructure and subsidiaries. Position reports to the local Desktop Team Leader and Desktop Services Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for desktop support, activities, and both short term and long term projects.
- Provide technical L1, L2 & L3 hardware and software support for end users from support staff to top executive management.
- Provide on-call support as required.
- Create and deliver timely aggregated cross-team weekly status reports to management.
- Enforce and deploy Corporate Technology standards, policies and procedures.
- Train and assist with End User training on all systems.
- Develop and establish strong working relationships with management company-wide.
- Manage end-user requests.
- Assist with all acquisition, integration and deployment of technologies.
- Implement standards and procedures to quickly and efficiently provide problem determination and resolution.
- Strengthen day-to-day support operations and manage to minimize and ultimately suppress impact to end-user and executive productivity.
- Develop, document and implement all necessary IT controls, policies and procedures associated with the role’s area and consistent with internal policies, methods, legal and regulatory compliance requirements and as requested by management.
- Perform direct hands-on problem resolution and escalation management for end-user troubles, application service interruptions and issues.
- Maintain trouble ticketing and defect tracking systems, and provide procedures and impose process structure, methods, discipline and standards.
- Log into the ACD system daily to receive incoming user calls.
- Execute planned activities involved in the planning, deployment, and support of small, medium and large infrastructure, application and organizational projects.
- Carry and move equipment as necessary.
- 4+ years’ experience directly supporting users in a helpdesk and/or desktop support role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology or a related field; or equivalent technical experience
- Thorough knowledge of support center operations and contact-center principles
- Strong and proven technical skills including and not limited to:
- Windows 7 and MS-Office 2013 Applications suite;
- Juniper or equivalent VPN software client support and troubleshooting;
- Windows Outlook/Exchange advanced end-user functionality;
- Collaboration and conferencing tools inter-workings and dependencies.
- A thorough knowledge of networking requirements and functions for desktops and remote users such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Security components, AV, Mal-ware, Ethernet, WiFi & Peer-to-Peer
- Working knowledge of Mobile device support for both Apple and Android
- A thorough knowledge of Desktop/Laptop hardware and end-user level peripherals a must
- Strong ability in the support of trouble ticketing via tools, workflow and SLA
- Very strong interpersonal relationship, team building, collaboration and facilitation skills
- Very strong problem solving and analytical skills and should be a methodical and systemic thinker
- Understand customer service and service delivery principles
- Customer focused driven, flexible team player
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Seeks to expand and share knowledge and experience and is committed to continuous learning
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a history of proactive orientation towards troubleshooting, problem solving, and quick thinking with a sense of urgency and priority
- Ability to lift items weighing up to and including 50 pounds
- Ability to work a rotating on-call schedule, which includes night and weekend coverage
- Understanding of Server Infrastructure and ability to provide 1st level support.
- Microsoft MCSA certifications (Windows 2012 and/or Windows 10)
- Apple Certified Support Professional certification
- Proficiency with SCCM, MDT and/or Powershell