Product Manager - MedSims
Job ID 2019-1394
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org, MedSims, and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
We are seeking a driven Product Manager who loves challenging problems, is excited to work on multiple projects simultaneously and see their contributions deployed often, but also prefers to work on a small, startup-like team, within a much larger organization. Is that you?
If so, MedSims is located in Durham, NC, and delivers the leading Virtual Patient Simulation platform on the market. Our award-winning medical simulations improve the knowledge, competence, and performance of medical professionals to truly impact patient care. Aside from our core simulation products, we are embarking on into other products to continue to engage and educate medical students and experienced clinicians. You will be integral in the development of these new applications. As a new member of our work family, you will be a part of our growing product team, but will also work closely with our UX/UI, product, analytics and simulation team here in Durham. In addition, you will work with other groups within WebMD / Medscape in our other offices to deliver high-quality user experiences to our knowledge-hungry global audience.
The types of things you’ll do:
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your product areas
- Communicate the product vision and value proposition to stakeholders and management
- Collaborate with product team, engineering and end-users to define and document product requirements and feature prioritization
- Develop user research plans in collaboration with the UX team to uncover product priorities and product trends
- Perform market and competitive research and present findings to stakeholders
- Collaborate with Marketing team to define marketing communications and strategy
- Collaborate with sales and strategy teams to identify new market opportunities and define product vision
- Define and analyze metrics that ensure the success of products
- Triage product requests and bug reports and prioritize development accordingly for the engineering team
- Monitor status of ongoing work and articulate progress, dependencies, and risks to product team, engineering and other stakeholders
- Help support all phases of product development, including sprint planning, retrospectives, etc. and managing tickets in Jira, as needed
- Act as an ambassador for the product
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of experience in online and software product management and development
- Proven track record managing all aspects of a successful product from ideation to post-launch
- Demonstrated experience managing execution of product roadmaps, gathering and documenting product requirements for development teams inclusive of business rationale, user needs, and creating functional specifications
- Proven ability to effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, both in person and in writing
- Excellent presentation skills to both small and large audiences
- Positive and strong team player with a good work ethic
- Comfortable working in an environment where priorities may shift due to industry, product, or user needs
- Thrives on brainstorming and building innovative solutions that consistently challenges the status quo
- Comfortable with technical concepts and equipped to brainstorm with Engineers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working scalable on native and web applications
- Knowledge game theory and/or experience working online educational games
- Unwavering desire to try new technical approaches