Job ID 2020-2280
QxMD is a rapidly growing medical education platform that reaches over 3 million healthcare providers each year; we are a division of Medscape, a leading global provider of on-line medical content, tools, mobile applications and medical education. Our community of physicians and other healthcare providers rely on QxMD to discover relevant medical research, make better clinical decisions or learn about medical topics relevant to their practice. Our platform provides our customers with high value solutions that drive rare disease awareness, provide digital/mobile medical education and support clinicians via mobile-optimized clinical decision support All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to work with a cross-product team responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
- Develop visually appealing front end website architecture, including translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Develop functional databases, applications, and servers to support websites on the back end
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Stay current and provide insight on cutting edge software approaches, architectures, and vendors
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when architecting solutions.
- Keep job knowledge up-to-date by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal and professional networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 3+ years employment experience in a full stack role
- Fluent in Python/Node, JS/React and MySQL
- Working experience as a full stack developer.
- Experience working with server technologies including Apache, Node.js, Nginx.
- Experience in API design and development.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, system design, and algorithms
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or strong industry experience
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Have written infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Exposure to big data pipelines and data warehousing (Kafka, Presto, PowerBI/Tableau).
- Experience with using CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab)
- Previous experience in an ad-tech business environment.
What it’s like to work at QxMD
At QxMD we believe that creative and motivated individuals do not need to be micromanaged. Our engineers have a high degree of autonomy in their jobs. We are also collaborative and seek help from each other when needed.
We take great pride in maintaining a healthy work environment. We’ll empower you to take control of your projects, work with you to define reasonable schedules for your work, and make sure to give you time to take advantage of the beautiful Vancouver outdoors.
Our team is passionate about building reliable, scalable systems while maintaining the ability to move fast. From day one you’ll have an opportunity to contribute to development decisions affecting nearly 2 millions QxMD users worldwide. If you are interested in building software at the cutting edge of medical knowledge translation, and are passionate about improving the quality of healthcare for patients all over the world, we want to hear from you!