Associate Content Strategist
Job ID 2021-2916
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The right candidate for this job will be a versatile content strategist who will support the content planning process, contribute content strategy for consumer-facing projects, and help ensure that content supports the needs of our readership and our business.
The ideal candidate is a sharp, focused, detail-oriented and curious individual with strong communication and collaboration skills. This person will:
- Lead project-based content strategy.
- Support content planning process through ideation, brainstorming, and pitching of new content.
- Provide content and audience insights that support business strategies and readership needs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with SEO, newsletters, social and others on strategies to support audience growth and engagement.
- Provide guidance across our and other departments on best practices for researching, pitching, and planning new content.
- Review published content and suggest improvements and updates when needed to better fulfill user intent and/or business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in ideating and creating content for websites, social, and other digital media.
- 3+ years experience in analyzing metrics and data using SEO analytics programs to understand and better engage online visitors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member.
- Ability to lead projects and present to peers as well as department heads.
- Organization skills to manage multiple concurrent deadline-driven projects.
- Ability to develop detailed user journey maps and content gap analyses.
- Strong content pitching and editorial driver copywriting skills.
- Knowledge of and passion for health and wellness topics.
- Comfortable leading strategy and brainstorming meetings.
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills.
- Project/task management system experience (e.g. WorkFront, Jira).
- Masters degree in Communications, Marketing or similar, MBA preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member