Sr Software Developer
Job ID 2019-1695
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Responsibilities: WebMD’s Medscape is currently seeking a Sr. Developer. This position will be responsible for intake of reporting requests and requirements from the business, vetting each one of them; identifying all needs. It will not only be restricted to designing, developing new software and applications but also will involve enhancing or modifying existing ones according to changing business needs to create an accurate complex ETL processes and systems; performing upgrades to the Self Service Business Intelligence report objects; and resolving discrepancy problems if any. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Responsible for applications dealing with the delivery of programs, automated reporting applications, web tools, file maintenance routines and advanced software packages. Requires full technical knowledge of all phases of software systems programming applications. Responsible for coordinating quality assurance reviews and efforts with our QA Team and the evaluation of new and existing software products. Acts as project leader for projects with small budgets or limited duration.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, a related degree or an additional 4 years of experience in a related position.
- 5+ years of experience of strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux, some UNIX administration would be desirable.
- 5+ years of strong working knowledge of at least one of Oracle RDBMS, SQL Server, Vertica. Other data storage technologies a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple languages including shell script, Perl, cgi, php, and vi. Additional knowledge of python would be a plus..
- Strong working knowledge of HTTP protocol, XML. Java script desirable.
- Overall Experience: 5 years minimum of information systems experience and software development.