Front End Developer
Job ID 2019-1376
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We are seeking a driven Front-End Developer who loves challenging problems, is excited to work on multiple projects simultaneously and see their contributions deployed often, but also prefers to work on a small, startup-like team, within a much larger organization.
MedSims is located in Durham, NC, and delivers the leading Virtual Patient Simulation platform on the market. Our award-winning medical simulations improve the knowledge, competence, and performance of medical professionals to truly impact patient care. Aside from our core simulation products, we are embarking on into other products to continue to engage and educate medical students and experienced clinicians. You will be integral in the development of these new applications. As a new member of our work family, you will be a part of our app engineering team, but will also work closely with our UX/UI, product, analytics and simulation team here in Durham.
The types of things you’ll do:
- Partner with product, design, and data/backend teams to scope, build, and launch new customer-facing features
- Build reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Design automated solutions for building, testing, monitoring, and deploying applications in a continuous integration environment
- Design and execute A/B tests as needed to understand the needs of stakeholders better
- Resolving presentational and functional bugs; Refactor existing code to align with best practices
- Ensure cross-browser and device compatibility
- Continually refining existing products based on user-centric metrics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Intermediate knowledge in React, AngularJS and Node.js
- Strong expertise with ES6 (Ecmascript 2015) standards
- Demonstrated experience using Git for version control
- Knowledge of accessibility and web performance best practices
- Ability to translate/distill technical approaches to a non-technical audience
- Intermediate exposure to server-side languages (Java, PHP, Python, etc.)
- Available code samples with use of Redux and React
- A good sense of design and translating design prototypes into beautiful interactions
- Experience working scalable on native and web applications
- Knowledge game theory and/or experience working online educational games
- A published project portfolio
- Unwavering desire to try new technical approaches