Editorial Operations Coordinator
Job ID 2021-3270
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
When you hit a roadblock in a process, are you already thinking three steps down the road to fixing it? When a new product is conceived, are you thrilled to dig in and figure out how to best operationalize it? When you encounter inefficiencies do you ever catch yourself thinking, "There has to be a better way?" If so, WebMD is looking for you!
The Editorial Operations Coordinator will support content production, process, and delivery to ensure the editorial content creation pipeline is flowing smoothly. This position will report to the Associate Director of Editorial Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure timely management, updates, QA, delivery, and reporting of editorial programs.
- Support content creation through a constantly evolving expertise of CMS, workflows, and product offerings.
- Coordinate, manage, update, and document our production tracking system. Audit data and provide ongoing and ad hoc reporting using internal systems and Excel.
- Create, maintain, and deliver operations process documentation for products, processes, and content types. Support ongoing evolution of documentation and processes.
- Develop, maintain, and deliver training to new members of the Editorial organization.
- Support the operations of content production, ensuring timely delivery, schedule, and workflow adherence, and finely tuning the processes used to support content creation.
- Collaborate with internal or external stakeholders and resources to define workflows, system requirements, training, adoption, and delivery strategies.
- Support special projects, new initiatives, operational support of corporate platform migrations, and product delivery.
- Provide empirical and data-driven analysis, insights, and recommendations to drive greater efficiency, automation, and scalability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience
- 1+ years of demonstrated success in managing the operations of multiple interactive or online projects and balancing multiple priorities concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel experience required; pivot table, VLOOKUP, drop-down lists, etc. experience is a plus.
- A knack for understanding web publishing tools and other technical concepts.
Who You Are:
- You have a positive, strategic, motivational attitude with the ability to problem solve to achieve optimal results in all situations with creativity, resourcefulness, and patience.
- A self-starter with exceptional time management skills, an intense work ethic, and impeccable attention to detail.
- Highly organized with commitment to high-quality, consistent, and accurate work delivered on schedule.
- Thrive on aggressive deadlines.
- Flexible and able to react professionally and efficiently to changes in schedules or scope without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team bringing a sense of urgency to the critical tasks at hand.
- Consistently builds trust and works collaboratively with everyone. Able to achieve desired results through partnership across departments, resources, and stakeholders.
- Understands the steps needed to advance complex projects.
- Exhibits a high degree of ownership and accountability.