Well-being Program Manager
Job ID 2021-3442
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
This position is located onsite at the client. Travel to other locations throughout the City of Durham is required
The Dedicated Well-being Program Manager (PM) will work collaboratively with the designated client's health promotion team and WHS Sr. Team Manager to raise awareness and promote engagement in Client’s health promotion programs. The PM will work with and be a resource for individual employer units to promote the client’s health and wellness offerings, including those sourced from additional vendors.
The PM is responsible for client satisfaction, retention and reference-ability. S/he will act as customer advocates, as well a point of contact with senior Customer stakeholders to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. S/he will provide thought leadership and support program planning and impact assessment, as well as coordination and promotion of services. PMs proactively identify opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they work with other Client Services staff, Account and Product Management to improve processes, and develop new solutions. The successful candidate will have a background in health promotion, health communications, and/or population health management.
The program manager in this role will increase awareness of and engagement in the client-wide well-being offerings by fulfilling the following expectations:
- Collaborate closely with the client’s HR/benefits team to deliver a best-practice well-being program
- Assist and facilitate linkage between benefits, environmental health and safety, occupational health, medical, behavioral health/EAP, facilities, and other client vendors
- Develop and implement health education and promotion programs, events and challenges
- Create communications to educate and engage participants in the well-being program offerings, including the ONE platform, and relevant health education topics
- Coordination of well-being meetings, webinars, and other communications (internal and external)
- Establish and manage a Wellness Champion Network comprised of key stakeholders and influencers from throughout the City and assist champions in creating a culture of well-being at their individual worksites / business units
- Utilize data to support recommendations for initiatives to improve the City’s culture of well-being
- Develop and maintain an ongoing work plan to support strategy and prioritize resources
- Compile and report on program performance and outcomes regularly
- Document all key decisions from meetings and client conversations
- Support WebMD Health Services product and service line expansion
- Support process improvement and service model design efforts
- Onsite expectations
- BA / BS required, MPH is a differentiator
- Minimum of 4 years Well-being Coordinator/health coaching or similar client-facing experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a corporate environment required, especially consumer-facing interfaces and H&W administration.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple relationships with multiple client stakeholders in a dynamic and face-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of behavior change theory
- Strong program planning skills
- Business and technology services experience
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact with senior-level customer contacts
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Certification from National Wellness Institute (NWI), The National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC), or the equivalent certification
- 5 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar client-facing experience preferred
- 5 or more years of delivering healthcare information products and services, especially consumer-facing interfaces and H&W administration, preferred.
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.