Senior Front-end Developer
Job ID 2019-1621
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
About this Job
As a Senior Front-end Developer at WebMD, you will specialize in developing standards-compliant web programs that will be used by millions of visitors around the world. This role is pivotal to the Client Delivery team, deploying new content to our global site guests. You will play a key technical leadership, mentoring and process improvement role on the team responsible for delivering millions of dollars of revenue projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
These sites will be highly interactive and be animated. As a developer you will have the opportunity to learn new technology, as you will be in an environment whose global platform is moving to VueJS.
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, designers, web publishers, producers and back-end engineers to support revenue operations and meet project deadlines
- Troubleshoot and resolve code issues to ensure adherence to best practices and group standards
- Review new code (self and peer) following W3C web standards and strict QA guidelines
- Evaluate technical feasibility and offer suggestions & guidance for product development. Build proof-of-concept prototypes for new projects
- Write technical solution documentation and meet with stakeholders to achieve consensus
- Create scoping timelines and development project plans for new projects
- Serve as a point of escalation for technical issues
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, and training new employees
- Mentor development team members with less experience
- Recognize tool/system deficiencies and work with leadership to implement effective solutions
- Assist leadership in setting, documenting and communicating technical standards and processes to ensure they are followed
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven experience hand-coding HTML5 using semantic markup, the latest W3C web standards, and CSS3 layout / positioning
- Interactivity and animation
- Exceptional troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Knowledge or desire to learn Node.js and build systems such as Grunt or Gulp.
- Experience creating mobile optimized sites through responsive coding techniques
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced team production environment and to adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Understanding of version control systems and best practices
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills
- Passion for maintaining a high level of code quality
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Basic knowledge of WCAG/508 compliance and accessibility
- Experience using Git version control software
- Advanced knowledge of Node.js and Node packages
- Basic knowledge and real-world experience working with XSL, XSLT, and XML
- Experience working with large scale Content Management Systems in support of an enterprise scale, public-facing website
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies