Wellness Program Coordinator (Arlington, TX)
Job ID 2022-4518
This role is located in Arlington, TX
WebMD Health Services is part of the WebMD family. We have been designing well-being programs for employers and health plans for over 20 years. Our mission is to empower organizations and their populations to improve well-being through personalized, strategic partnerships.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD Health Services (WHS) is a division of WebMD whose mission is to provide expert guidance that inspires people to take charge of their health. We do this by helping people understand their health risks, make smart health care decisions, and take active steps toward living healthier lives. Our health, wellness and transparency services power programs from employers, health plans and government organizations are delivered online, onsite, and telephonically. Learn more at webmdhealthservices.com.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
The Well-being Program Coordinator will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team to deliver well-being programming and face-to-face health coaching to eligible participants as well as help to raise awareness of the onsite program and the WebMD products and services that enable it.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for client satisfaction, retention, and reference-ability. S/he will act as customer advocates, as well a point of contact with senior Customer stakeholders to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. They can provide thought leadership and support program planning and impact assessment, as well as coordination and promotion of service.
Program Coordinator’s proactively identify opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they work with other Client Success staff, Account and Product Management to improve processes, and develop new solutions.
In this role you will:
- Create a culture of well-being at the worksite level
- Increase awareness and engagement in the client-wide well-being programs
- Provide customized support to designated locations/business units
- Promote well-being through meaningful interactions with employees
- Assist with day-to-day delivery of established programs with direction from client and WebMD account team
- Assist with program promotion, including development and/or distribution of promotional materials
- Provide 1:1, video, and/or group health coaching
- Assist participants’ progress through the stages of change for at-risk behavior
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques to elicit behavior change and reduce participant ambivalence
- Perform biometric screenings via fingerstick utilizing CardioChek analyzers for results retrieval
- Perform blood pressure measurement screenings (manual and automatic)
- Perform annual vision testing across designated client sites using an Optec 5000 machine
- Coordinate logistics and implement client-wide challenges, screenings, promotions, programs, events, etc.
- Encourage and support well-being policies at the client worksites (e.g., smoking, cafeteria, vending machines)
- Develop and facilitate educational programs (i.e., courses, workshops, special events, and tabling events)
- Deliver presentations both in-person and virtually
- Coordinate and maintain a Well-being Champion Network
- Collaborate with client’s HR/Benefit teams, and other departments as applicable
- Develop and maintain files of community resources and health content for augmenting program delivery when necessary
- Create and execute annual project plans, including development of delivery/implementation plan, action plans and tracking key project milestones for assigned sites
- Document all key decisions from meetings and client conversations
- Track and report on all participant-facing activities (e.g., coaching interactions, presentations, tabling events, challenges, etc.)
- Monitor expenditures to assure spending remains within client's specified guidelines
- Regular utilization of WebMD management information systems to track and evaluate program
- Participate in both internal WebMD and client meetings
- Other duties specific to account as assigned by client or WebMD (e.g., other in person health assessments, support fitness center, etc.)
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required in a health-related field
- 2 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar health and wellness client-facing experience
- Available to travel, as needed
- Excellent communication/people skills, including proven ability to adapt to individual communication styles and client work groups, including office and manufacturing environments
- Project management and planning skills
- Experience delivering presentations to small and large groups
- Organizational and time management skills, including the ability to maintain multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Independent problem solving and decision-making ability
- Ability to work autonomously at client location while working collaboratively with remote WebMD account team members
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for interacting with participants
- Experience and comfort using Microsoft and Google office products
- Certified Wellness Practitioner, CHES, Wellcoaches certification
- Previous experience conducting fingerstick TC/HDL/GLU screenings, blood pressure measurement, and results coaching
- Special interest/certification in areas such as: group exercise instruction, yoga, or mindfulness/meditation
- Experience and comfort delivering health presentations/programming and interacting with participants both in-person and virtually