Sales Strategy Associate
Job ID 2020-1877
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Associate, Sales and Marketing Insights will be responsible for supporting the development of new consumer insights and sales strategies that leverage WebMD’s core assets and capabilities.
Development of these solutions requires a working knowledge of the digital media industry. These solutions will include supporting consumer insight development, data analytics, primary research and advertising effectiveness models.
Additionally, this position will help support revenue recognition tracking, measurement and competitive benchmarking.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the development of advertising category strategies to help drive WebMD’s sales growth
- Partnership with Marketing Sciences to support the development of data driven consumer and platform insights. The position will help support regular training of sales and the development of market facing materials
- Support the delivery of regular insights on the competitive set, identify opportunities and make recommendations for competitive differentiation
Success of the Associate, Sales and Marketing Insights will be measured by his/her ability to:
- Effectively partner with Sales and Product Marketing teams to help prioritize and develop new programs
- Support the delivery and market facing material development of data-driven consumer insights to Sales and client partners
- Help communicate and train these solutions across the sales teams
- Communicate marketplace dynamics and changes among the competitive set; synthesize findings to evolve sales communications and inform product solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- At least 2 years of experience, preferably working in a digital publishing sales, marketing or research environment or related agency experience
- Strong analytical capabilities with an understanding of syndicated data sources (e.g. comScore) and primary research data insight development
- MS office proficiency (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. sales, product marketing, research)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment