Junior Graphic Designer
Job ID 2019-1699
WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Health Services (WHS) is a division of WebMD whose mission is to provide expert guidance that inspires people to take charge of their health. We do this by helping people understand their health risks, make smart health care decisions, and take active steps toward living healthier lives. Our health and wellness services power programs from employers, health plans and government organizations are delivered online, onsite, and over the phone. Learn more at webmdhealthservices.com.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Working closely with the Art Director and other members of the marketing team, the graphic designer position will be responsible for crafting conceptual and visually compelling creative, on strategy, for a variety of products and services. We’re looking for a passionate designer who can hit the ground running and have an immediate impact in the development and design of various marketing materials both digital and print.
In this role you will:
- Concept and design visually compelling executions spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and interactive programs
- Capability to work on simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable with short development cycles and flexible with shifting priorities.
- Experience with both print and digital production.
- Review all output deliverables against scope for project quality assurance
- Maintain file organization and archiving
- Collaborate with various teams within WebMD Health Services
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree or associates in accredited program or comparable work experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a graphic design related field
- Strong typographic skills, color theory, and design principles
- Highly proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint), and pre-press
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines with quick turnarounds
- Flexibility in work hours
- Self-motivated individual who can work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills to rationalize work to clients
- Organized with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of HTML is preferred
- Animation skills would be preferred
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- A submitted portfolio of work is required
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.