Conference Marketing Manager
Job ID 2019-1672
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
MedscapeLIVE! develops and produces compelling live, face to face educational programs designed to produce behavioral outcomes in a multitude of therapeutic areas and tailored formats across the globe.
ASSIGNMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with our VP of marketing, assist in developing the marketing campaigns for our medical education conferences and custom programs with the goal of driving clinician attendance and registration revenue.
- Manage the execution of integrated marketing campaigns for respective conferences and programs to ensure promotion hits targeted audiences on-time, on budget and produces desired attendance goals.
- Track and manage marketing expenses to ensure the plan is on budget.
- Provide marketing reports on a weekly basis including registration numbers and revenue, tactics performed, analysis, and forward-looking recommendations to increase attendance.
- Recruit media partners for marketing support of the event; manage and ensure activities of the program are executed per the agreement
- Update and maintain event websites
- Monitor and provide input into social media campaigns for each event
- Maintain subscriber lists
- Collaborate with sales team to coordinate campaigns to drive awareness of exhibit and sponsorship opportunities.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in relevant field
- At least 5 years overall marketing experience with at least 2 years in conference marketing
- Highly proficient in MS office products
- Familiarity / Experience with Adobe Campaign
- Strong writing skills
- Positive attitude with an appreciation for team work
- Ability to travel to events if needed
- Experience in medical education marketing strongly preferred
- Attention to detail