Job ID 2021-2923
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Title: Database Administrator
Job Location: 395 Hudson Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10014
Job Type: Full Time
Duties: Work with various database technologies (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres); participate in all stages of database related work, including deployments, provisioning hosts, backup/recovery, patching and upgrades; Automate DB task through tools and scripting; develop high-availability solutions for 24/7 applications; and participate in database operation’s on-call rotation; work with developers and product managers to deliver innovative products and services in the health care industry.
Requirements: Employer will accept Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; and three years of work experience in job offered or three years of work experience in a related occupation. Experience must include three years of experience with each of the following:
- Experience as a database administrator using MySQL and Oracle
- Experience with troubleshooting, tuning and designing databases;
- Experience with backup and recovery strategies;
- Experience with high availability technologies for database platforms;
- Automation and scripting experience working with Chef;
- Programming experience using Linux and Shell;
- Experience with one of the following monitoring tools: Nagios, Circonus, Solarwinds, or Splunk;
- Experience serving as a project lead; and
- Experience supporting 24-7 on call schedule.