Print Production Coordinator
Job ID 2020-1926
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Print Production Coordinator
Jobson Medical information, a leading healthcare communications, publishing and medical education company is seeking an experienced Print Production Coordinator for its New York City location.
- Estimate and manage the production costs for all print jobs. Print pricing negotiations (multiple bidding). Preparation of detailed estimates
- Oversee vendor relations and negotiations including print buying and cost control
- Manage a very busy workflow of design projects through the Creative Services department.
- Coordinate print projects from conception to delivery. Outside client liaison. Attend client meetings.
- Work closely with internal creative team to meet client expectations. Assign design projects, review designs, proof them and forward to clients for approval.
- Ensure quality print standards including on-site press checks.
- Knowledge of paper, inks, binding methods etc..
- Track and keep informed costs per project.
- Update weekly job spreadsheet for Department’s meeting.
- Support department in sourcing new outside production vendors with the goal of achieving high quality work with the most competitive pricing.
- Create and maintain print production schedules. Ensure all jobs are completed within the original deadline.
- Sales support for custom publishing sales team.
- Process invoices and maintain records, files and budgets.
- 4+ years experience in print production environment, some design experience.
- Candidate must be excellent at multitasking and prioritizing and have a strong sense of urgency. This job requires somebody comfortable working on a very fast environment with daily multiple deadlines.
- Self motivated with very strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The applicant must be reliable, detail oriented and a team player.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems with client, vendors and implement solutions through established processes.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly – be flexible.
- Ideal candidate will have good knowledge of web, offset, sheet-fed and digital printing methods and have previous print buying experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. Excellent Excel and Word knowledge. Some HTML helpful.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Able to present ideas confidently and comfortably.
- Strong knowledge of design is a must.
- Understanding of circulation and mailing procedures is needed.