Associate Software Developer
Job ID 2019-1283
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Health Services is looking for an entry-level software developer to become a key contributor to our rapidly growing private-portal business. As a member of the Client Delivery, you will customize and maintain our suite of health management tools. You will collaborate with a diverse group of quality analysts, designers, developers and client representatives to deliver robust software solutions that meet the needs of our clients. An ideal candidate has a foundation in object-oriented design and prior experience working cross-functionally using agile methodologies.
In our environment, you will:
- Contribute to a small cross-functional team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives
- Review project requirements and define acceptance criteria with the team
- Implement test fixtures, acceptance tests, and unit tests
- Design and implement client solutions making appropriate use of software design patterns and best practices
- Research and resolve client-reported issues
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of Software Development experience
- Knowledge of C# and Java or C++
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles
- Ability to work in a team environment, including interfacing with remote groups
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Experience with web development
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.