Customer Service Representative
Job ID 2021-3251
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
This an in office Indianapolis position with work at home flexibility.
WebMD/Medscape Member Support Representatives serve our customers through mostly written communications, which come into our CRM tool or outside escalation from other departments. They thoroughly and efficiently gather participant information, access and address concerns and issues, educate the participant where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions. CSRs do all of this in a timely, professional manner while utilizing several systems plus a CRM tool that manages customer requests via email and intake forms via help.medscape.com.
General responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer (member support) service and strive for one contact resolution.
- Handle incoming and assigned email requests/tickets along with special projects when assigned.
- Assist participants with registration, log in issues and general account profile settings/changes.
- Assist participants with CME issues or inquiries.
- Assist participants with navigation of the WebMD/Medscape site and App.
- Assist participants with overall questions concerning all facets of Medscape and its application functionality and features.
- Assist participants with overall PMR inquires/issues, including but not limited to: invites, technical issues, over quota messaging, payment/redemption issues, payment history etc.
- Work with Project Management on escalated issues concerning all PMR escalations via our Buddy system and beyond.
- Accurately and kindly respond to all feedback and escalate said feedback to manager who will pass it along to the correct department(s) – feedback could include but not limited to clinical errors within our data base, spelling mistakes within our newsletters, general overall editorial feedback and site/app suggestions and trends of issues.
- Accurate use of CRM tool – grabbing, casing, documenting & responding to inquiries in a manner that is efficient, accurate, and pleasant to the member.
- Strive for productivity and quality ratings of 85% or higher.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Team player and positive attitude
- Demonstrated customer service and issue resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong detail orientation and listening skills
- Proficiency in the utilization of software applications, including MS Word, Google Docs and Gmail.
- Soft skills and understanding/implementing the correct tone via written expression.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and overtime when needed
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required
- 2+ years of experience in a call center/customer service office environment
- Experience with CRM systems and practices
- Bachelor’s degree or work history within a health related field