Senior Web Designer
Job ID 2021-3337
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Senior Web Designer is the most experienced, versatile member of the Creative team, with responsibility for understanding all of Medscape’s Web-/email-based products and handling any Creative task/request that routes through the department.
Working closely with cross-departmental teams (including Account/Project Management, Content, Copyedit, and Production) he/she/they will contribute superior Creative and technical support to the development of digital promotional content, including mockups, wireframes, layouts, product templates, and special projects.
The Senior Web Designer possesses a strong understanding of Web design tools and best practices, is adept at making creative judgments and advising on technical issues, and communicates with other department members to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all assigned work.
In addition to task assignments and project work, the Senior Web Designer is expected to contribute ideas to process improvements, proactively problem-solve, and help train/support more junior designers. Exceptional design/technical skills are essential; the ideal candidate is also an effective communicator, is comfortable working collaboratively as well as independently, demonstrates strong leadership qualities, and can meet deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Provide UX design guidance for adapting client assets into optimized layouts for scalability across devices
- Transform manuscript content/assets into visually appealing and executable design solutions
- Mockup design concepts for clients and development teams
- Handoff optimized design deliverables with HTML/CSS specs for build implementation
- Approve assets for development; support design/copy edits; help solve UX and functionality requests
- Develop templates for new products; foresee any issues with programming; client-facing if needed
- Master internal workflow processes, product requirements, and Brand style nuances
- Build relationships with internal teams to in order to address their needs from a creative perspective
- Effectively communicate queries/task info to writers, account/project managers, developers, and editors
- Proactively coordinate with cross-departmental teams; offer solutions to keep assigned tasks on schedule
- Contribute ideas for workflow process improvements as a means to optimizing them
- Take on special projects; assist with onboarding/training of new hires
- BA in Digital Production Design, Web Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in a creative role/environment
- Deep understanding of image editing capabilities and limitations
- Ability to edit/optimize hi-res assets using Sketch, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Comfortable managing workload using tools like Workfront, Trello, and Slack
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to proper delivery
- Ability to work closely and communicate clearly with other teams and help problem-solve
- A collaborative player able to work independently and within a team
- High level of personal/professional accountability; ability to produce quality work under deadline pressure
- An understanding of HTML/CSS and using the Chrome Inspect tool preferred
- Experience in healthcare/pharma preferred
A portfolio of work will be required.