Job ID 2021-3499
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
This position will have work at home flexibility, but will require consistent onsite office presence at one of our WebMD offices.
As a Web Applications Developer, you will code responsive and complex web applications layouts with HTML5/CSS3, utilizing various JS libraries for multiscreen (desktop/tablet/mobile) display. Working closely with Product, PMO, and other engineering teams, you will be responsible for understanding requirements, raising relevant questions, and satisfying acceptance criteria within an agile (Scrum) environment. You are a self-starter with attention to detail and can demonstrate the ability to prioritize, manage your time efficiently, and communicate project status.
- Project responsibilities include development, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance
- Work closely with a cross-functional Scrum team to understand requirements and recommend appropriate solutions; including Project Managers/Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Designers and Backend Developers
- Actively participate in and contribute to global site architectural discussions and initiatives
- Actively contribute to and enforce best practices, group standards
- Mentor other developers, including peer reviewing code and pair programming (shadowing)
- Proactively keep up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies; drive adoption of new technologies and best practices
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a geographically dispersed team
- Ensure adherence to architectural standards, risk management and security policies
- Identify ways to improve design and development with an eye on user experience
- 3+ years relevant work experience developing enterprise web applications for responsive, multiscreen (desktop/tablet/mobile) layouts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or an additional 3 years’ experience in web or software development
- Experience working with APIs (REST/SOAP/JSON)
- Ability to build, test, debug and troubleshoot, clean compliant code
- Capable of designing and altering existing CSS and SCSS code to meet design specifications
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Experience using source control (preferably Git)
- Strong understanding of Web Standards
- You must be a team player and willing to collaborate and work in a cohesive work environment
- Ability to solve problems and think analytically
- Ability to learn and quickly master new applications and technologies
- Must provide code samples (URLs with descriptions of which parts you developed, a zip file, link to a github.com or equivalent code profile
- Hand-coding complex web applications utilizing various JS libraries
- HTML5 APIs (Video/Audio, Local Storage, History, Canvas Animation)
- Experience deploying applications to cloud based services
- Service-driven applications with REST/SOAP/JSON APIs
- Agile development practices: Scrum, Kanban/Lean, test-driven development, continuous integration
- Large scale Content Management Systems in support of an enterprise, public-facing website
- Exposure to source control methodologies (GIT/Stash/Command-Line).
- Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards