Well- being Program Coordinator (Baltimore, MD)
Job ID 2023-5510
WebMD Health Services (WHS) is a division of WebMD whose mission is to provide expert guidance that inspires people to take charge of their health. We do this by helping people understand their health risks, make smart health care decisions, and take active steps toward living healthier lives. Our health, wellness and transparency services power programs from employers, health plans and government organizations are delivered online, onsite, and telephonically. Learn more at webmdhealthservices.com.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
The Dedicated Well-being Program Coordinator (DWPC) will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team to carry out wellness programming and events at the client’s locations around Baltimore while representing the employees’ health plan offerings. This role will also conduct some virtual and face-to-face health coaching with eligible participants.
Located in Baltimore, MD, but working remotely, the DWPC will be responsible for assisting the client in planning/ conducting an indicated number of onsite learning/ programing events per year. The majority of his/her time will be focused on delivering the overall wellness plan the client has created. The DWPC will work with and be a resource for the individual employer units in their health promotion activities. Similarly, some of their time could be spent conducting virtual and face-to-face health coaching sessions with a determined number of eligible participants in a given time period. Both the caseload and triage criteria as well as the event schedule will be decided/planned, with appropriate goals set, alongside the designated client.
The DWPC is responsible for client satisfaction, retention and reference-ability. S/he will act as customer advocates, as well a point of contact with senior Customer stakeholders to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. They can provide thought leadership and support program planning and impact assessment, as well as coordination and promotion of service.
DWPC’s proactively identify opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they work with other Client Services staff, Account and Product Management to improve processes, and develop new solutions.
The successful candidate will have a background in a health promotion, exercise physiology, and/or nutrition.
In this role you will:
- Assist with creating a wellness plan for the client
- Assist with day-to-day delivery of established programs with direction from the client and WebMD account team
- Coordination of meetings and other communications (internal and external)
- Coordination and delivery of onsite events across multiple client offices
- Help coordinate and maintain Site Champion Network
- Help maintain Site Champion Engagement Hub
- Develop and maintain schedules necessary to support the successful execution of client health education programs
- Ongoing program performance review and strategy support
- Support process improvement and service model design efforts
- Perform virtual and face-to-face at-risk health education based on participants' completed health risk appraisal; one-on-one, video, active, & group coaching
- Create a culture of well-being at the worksite level
- Provide assessment of at-risk areas and provide referral to appropriate resources
- Understand and deliver client-centered coaching through a combination of reflective listening and identification of readiness to change
- Assist participants' progress through the stages of change for at-risk behavior
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques to elicit behavior change and reduce participant ambivalence
- Improve the health lifestyle behaviors and overall health of participants.
- Participate in collective record keeping which allows for continuity to exist between multiple health education sessions
- Assist in the production of aggregate reports which incorporate the health education calls made to clients' participants
- Coordinate the flow of information and materials between WebMD and individual employer units located in the area
- Other duties specific to the account as designed by the client or WebMD (e.g. supporting/ promoting onsite events such as biometric screenings or other in person health assessments, support fitness centers, etc.)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA Required, MS/MBA differentiator
- Professional Certification from National Wellness Institute (NWI), The National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC), or the equivalent certification will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar client-facing experience required
- Minimum of 2 years delivering healthcare information products and services required, especially consumer-facing interfaces and H&W administration.
- Valid driver’s license is required. Must be willing to regularly travel between office locations around Baltimore.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple relationships with multiple client stakeholders in a dynamic and stressful environment.
- Business and technology services experience.
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact with senior-level customer contacts.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Personal Training or Group Fitness Instructor certification
- 5 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar client-facing experience preferred
- 5 of more years of delivering healthcare information products and services, especially consumer-facing interfaces and H&W administration, preferred.
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.