Manager, Strategic Accounts - Latin America
Job ID 2021-2625
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Global, the fastest growing division of WebMD, seeks a highly experienced, driven strategic 'hunter/partner' as Sales Manager for the Latin American region (visiting US-based Latin American clients and agencies) to represent all of WebMD's professional content from Latin America. While WebMD has a good level of physician membership in Latin America the company is looking to grow that significantly, and intends to investigate the potential for monetizing those connections through educational and professional promotion activities with Latin American divisions at major pharmaceutical companies across the US territory. With an impressive network and existing excellent relationships with senior executives in pharmaceutical markets in USA and Latin America, the Sales Manager will visit pharmaceutical company leaders and healthcare agencies in the US territory primarily to tell the story of WebMD's professional information portfolio and to advocate the potential for valuable partnerships with this unique suite of digital solutions in professional promotion and independent medical education. The successful candidate will be a seasoned and supportive client partner, building on excellent relationships to create, propose to and develop with the Vice President of Latin America a strategy for WebMD in Latin America, and to drive sales aggressively to implement agreed aspects of that strategy. Challenging sales targets would accompany the role, backed by some of the industry's most impressive support services in sales, marketing and operations.
50-60% travel, principally within the USA and elsewhere. A highly competitive compensation package awaits the winning candidate.
- At least 8 years of demonstrated success in sales or experience in strategic, consultative, and/or conceptual selling.
- An excellent portfolio of established connections; primarily US-Based Pharma Clients & Agencies with responsibility in Latin America and Latin American based clients it is a plus.
- Significant experience and demonstrable results from selling to and working with the pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotech industries; especially attractive is a track record of successful sales to brand managers in pharmaceutical companies
- At least 5 years of proven digital ad sales, professional promo as well as medical education sales.
- A thorough understanding of medical education, its potential in the region and the process by which medical education can be sold.
- Excellent experience of presenting to and successfully interacting with senior management of prospect organizations.
- Proven ability to develop and grow customer relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and backgrounds.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work well in a high pressure sales environment.
- Demonstrate drive, being a self-starting independent worker.
- Technical proficiency with Sales Force, PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Fluency in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese is very important.