Digital Marketing Analyst, Audience Engagement
Job ID 2020-2257
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, is currently seeking a Marketing Analyst, Audience Engagement, for our New York Education business unit. Medscape develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, as well as earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
The Marketing Analyst position will report to the Marketing Manager of the Audience Engagement team and will be primarily responsible for tracking, analyzing, reporting, and optimizing marketing campaigns to help achieve contractual traffic and revenue goals for all sold Medscape Education activities and outcomes studies that target physicians and healthcare professionals. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, bring strong project management, data management, analytical, communication, and problem solving skills. He/she must have a proven ability to work quickly to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining the ability to think strategically and work accurately.
- Collaborate closely with the Audience Engagement team to manage and coordinate marketing tactics within strategic plans for all sold Medscape Education activities. More specifically:
- Develop a strong understanding of the Education product portfolio and membership data in order to manage and execute key channel strategies to target the right audience
- Orchestrate and track marketing campaigns and oversee deployment of direct response tactics
- Analyze tactic performance and adjust marketing campaigns to optimize results
- Collaborate with internal team to develop and test email assets (e.g. new email templates) for current/new products and markets
- Manage and execute on custom email target lists for separate Education programs and marketing campaigns
- Manage email processes for timely execution of promotional materials
- Analyze activity performance and channel response rates on a daily basis for stakeholders
- Track and disseminate Key Performance Indicators monthly to inform and support business decisions
- Create documentation around new processes derived from email testing results
- Collaborate with Audience Engagement team to develop comprehensive onsite and social media campaigns to drive participation to Medscape Education site
- Work with internal teams and senior management to share marketing/audience data, as well as provide insight into new market trends and promotional methods that may improve Medscape Education’s current promotional strategies
- Support the delivery of WebMD Education program guarantees by coordinating and tracking marketing plans
- 2+ years of related work experience in the digital or email marketing space
- Must be proactive, responsible, accountable, detail-oriented and results (data)-driven
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, operational, analytical, presentation, and project management skills combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be analytical and highly proficient in Excel
- Proven success in working both independently as well as with cross-functional teams
- Proficient in understanding, representing, and communicating data-driven analysis to various departments and senior management
- Excellent organization and documentation skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Adobe Omniture
- Education: BA/BS degree is required
- Familiar with project tracking and management; experience in WorkFront a plus
- Ability to learn new tools and skills quickly
- Background in the healthcare industry and direct-to-physician/healthcare professional marketing experience a plus