Sr Account Manager
Job ID 2022-3982
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape is looking for an experienced Account Manager who will be responsible for supporting a team of high volume sales professionals focused on growing our educational business. To be successful in this role, you will need to build and establish effective relationships with our sales team to understand their supporters’ educational goals and objectives as well as different ways to bring value to their accounts. You will need to be a clear communicator who will be able to translate the sales team needs across internal departments in order to achieve project success and client satisfaction.
The role will directly support our Sales Tea,, and the candidate will be expected to manage and execute a range of projects across multiple departments in support of our educational business. The applicant should be a highly organized individual with strong account leadership and customer relationship management expertise, detailed and clear communication skills, and a proven ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment, with a particular focus on efficient project and timeline execution.
- Member of a broader account team supporting sales development and execution across a range of clients which can include preparation of client presentations, metric reports, reconciliations, client discussions and grant submissions
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with various internal stakeholders (ie. Marketing, Product Development, Audience Generation, Content Development, Outcomes and Insights) that will assist in smooth and on time project execution and impact future business by communicating supporter needs and expectations
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of business relationships with current and prospective pharmaceutical, medical device and other supporters in conjunction with DMEs as appropriate, including the ability to translate supporter priorities and expectations clearly across internal development teams
- Staying abreast of overall project implementation across all external and internal development teams including use of an electronic task management system
- Able to implement processes and procedures; managing the project scope and timeline
- Working with other departments to streamline processes to allow for efficient timelines; Communicating supporter needs and expectations clearly across development teams
- Able to effectively trouble shoot and find solutions to meet supporter and DME expectations
- Time permitting, staying abreast of supporter news, market conditions, competitive activities, educational and technological trends through ongoing research and engagement at industry and medical conferences, literature reviews and other sources.
- Bachelors' Degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with a combination of digital, agency and healthcare experience. Minimum of 3 years of experience which can be a combination of account management and/or project management
- Ability to efficiently coordinate and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines Work in a cohesive team environment as well as independently
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, with a willingness to accept varied assignments
- Extreme focus on accuracy, attention to detail and consistency of work
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or experience in medical publishing, CME (continuing medical education) or Agency environment, or relevant digital technologies
- Experience with web-based document sharing sites (such as Google and Sharepoint Online)
- Excellent organization and documentation skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, task management systems like Workfront, Salesforce and the ability to master internal systems such as JIRA, the CME dashboard, training tools such as Brainshark, Accent Librarian, and Salesforce)
- Travel, up to 30%