Product Marketing Manager
Job ID 2022-4324
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Media Product Manager, Product Marketing is a fully dedicated role shaping the future of Medscape’s media products. You will help to develop and refine an actionable, strategic roadmap of innovative products and platforms that drive growth in revenue per page and user. S/he identifies and implements emerging content/audience monetization strategies and digital sales models. You will report to the Director, Product Marketing to drive business insights, impacts and results. This is inclusive of setting strategy with data-driven insights, monitoring progress, adjusting plans and reporting progress.
- Analyze product/media business to determine trends, sales, and training needs to drive product recommendations. Identify patterns and conduct win/loss analysis as part of that periodically
- Understand capacity of products and making intelligent recommendations to increase capacity as well as Identify new areas for campaign delivery
- Developing additional strategies for capacity utilization and providing internal guidance across various operational teams on how to execute
- Project manage product innovations, new products and product enhancements across platforms including liaison between Editorial, member marketing, planning, ad ops, ad product operations inventory and business intelligence,
- Oversee Business Intelligence teams to ensure product reporting architecture is developed and maintained accurately
- Provide extensive data and analysis across the Product Marketing team to support all product management (ranging from trends on ad products to thought starters in other areas as well)
- Work with Global and US teams to understand trends
- Work with Ad Product, Inventory and Planning on product management
- Manage operational projects across products
- Communicate the value proposition of new products to all go-to-market teams and ensure that effective sales support materials and packages are created
Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in the digital media space, ideally with a premium publisher or ad tech company in a strategic/quantitative/analytical role. Must be well-versed in emerging industry concepts such as data-driven media, content marketing, social/mobile ad platforms and programmatic selling. Individual must be highly analytical with strong communication and presentation skills, ideally describing yourself as an “Excel Ninja”. Knowledge of Pharmaceutical/CPG verticals are a plus.
Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Tableau, Ad Servers, Inventory/Workflow systems, DMP, SSP, DSP, DCO is also a plus.
BA or equivalent experience required