Virtual Trainer German speaking (Work from home: Ireland or Germany based)
Virtual Trainer - German speaking
Wayfair is seeking a dynamic, experienced Virtual Trainer to conduct and facilitate various training and development programs for the work at home/ remote teams across the Sales & Service organization.
Programs will include new hire on boarding, ongoing up-skill training, as well as other training dictated by business needs.
The talent will be report to the manager of Virtual Training and will be responsible for identifying training needs, developing training materials as needed and training Virtual Sales & Service staff: this includes initial orientation/new hire training, ongoing up-skill training, and project-specific training for virtual Sales & Service staff. The primary audience will be virtual service center employees, but may include other employees.
Location: Remote Work (Ireland or Germany based)
Responsibilities of Virtual Trainer:
- Conduct virtual new hire on boarding training via Adobe Connect, as well as other virtual training as needed
- Design and develop training materials as needed for virtual classroom use
- Work with Sales & Service Training Team to ensure training consistency across sites and within Virtual Training Team
- Lead virtual classroom training using sound facilitation techniques
- Monitor new employee training to ensure courses are completed in a timely manner and tracked for completion
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience as a trainer in a classroom setting, with virtual training experience preferred, particularly in a call center environment, or a degree in a learning & development field.
- Proven ability to create training materials using basic instructional design methods
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills before large groups, preferably in a virtual classroom setting
- Virtual facilitation experience utilizing Adobe Connect highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well as a team player as well as work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism
- Good organizational skills to meet tight deadlines
- Experience in a Call Center/Service Center is preferred
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills; must be flexible and able to adjust to frequent changes in training priorities and schedules to accommodate business needs including nights and weekends
- Fluent in German and English
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
You will need to provide a quiet, distraction-free work space within a dedicated room. This room will need a door that you can shut, an ergonomic chair, a desk and your own uninterrupted fibre broadband, hard-wired Ethernet connection (consistent speed throughout the day of 25 megabits download & 5 megabit upload). We will provide all other equipment required.What we offer
- Health insurance
- Gym Membership contribution
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- Paid Volunteering Day
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.