Registered Sonographer - Ultrasound - Per Diem 8hr - Variable Shifts
Salary Range: 71.93 - 88.88
Summary of Duties: Under the direction of the Director of Medical Imaging as part of the Medical Imaging Service team, performs diagnostic procedures using ultrasound equipment. Assists physicians performing interventional or biopsies using sonographic guidance. May also be assigned other duties as required, in addition to performing the essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited Sonography Training Program required.
- Eligible to be registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Abdominal and Pelvic Imaging required.
- ARDMS in Abdomen and Pelvic required.
- AHA BLS required.
- Certified in Radiologic Technology or Nuclear Medicine preferred.
- Registered in Vascular Sonography preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) months post graduate and registry experience preferred in a hospital based Ultrasound Department.
Special Skills or Abilities
- Able to adjust to add-on and emergency procedures.
- Able to organize time effectively.
- Able to communicate with patients and families of various age groups by modifying the delivery and complexity of information based on age.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, extend courtesy, and work well with other staff.
Washington Hospital Health System does not utilize any form of electronic chatting, such as Google chat for the purposes of interviewing candidates for employment. If you are contacted by any entity or individual attempting to engage you in this format, do not disclose any personal information and contact Washington Hospital Healthcare System.