Clinical Lab Scientist - Clinical Lab - Per Diem 8 hr - Variable Shifts
$57.34 - $62.80
Under the direction of the Director, General laboratory Supervisor, or Lead CLS, the CLS perform technical procedures working with little or no direct supervision in any area of the clinical laboratory. These areas include Bank, Chemistry, Coagulation, Hematology, Microbiology, Phlebotomy, Serology, Specimen Processing, and Urinalysis. Must perform and report timely and accurate test results to assist physicians in their diagnosis and treatment. Duties include clerical tasks, computer usage, related laboratory services, and other duties as assigned. The CLS works with potentially infectious blood and body fluid specimens. Must be competent to assess and meet the needs of patient of all age groups or contact appropriate hospital resource for guidance.
In addition to performing the essential functions listed below, the CLS may also be assigned other duties as required.
- B.S or equivalent in medical technology or biological sciences, required.
- 0-3 years experience in a hospital or reference laboratory, required.
- Generalist experience in all areas of laboratory, preferred.
- Current CA CLS license, required.
- Working knowledge of Laboratory Information System (LIS), required.
- Experience with automated laboratory Instruments, effective verbal and written communication skills, required.
- Must be able to work weekends.
Washington Hospital Health System does not utilize any form of electronic chatting, such as Google chat for the purposes of interviewing candidates for employment. If you are contacted by any entity or individual attempting to engage you in this format, do not disclose any personal information and contact Washington Hospital Healthcare System.