Coder IV Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder - CDI - Full Time - Days
- Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree in Health Information Technology.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) and
- Certified Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC). Credential required upon hire or within 1 year of hire date.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
3. Work Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in ICD-10 Inpatient coding in an acute care environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Minimum 3 years of experience in CPT coding with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Cardiovascular and Interventional (IR) CPT coding, including associated Radiology procedures in an acute care or outpatient setting.
- Experience with electronic medical records, Epic preferred
- 4 years of experience in CPT coding and 4 years of experience in ICD-10 Inpatient acute care coding.
- 4 years of experience in Cardiovascular and Interventional (IR) CPT coding, including associated Radiology procedures in an acute care or outpatient setting.
4. Skills/computer/specific technical
Required:Working knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT guidelines
- conventions, and coding systems.
- Working knowledge of data collection systems for medical records.
- Familiarity with Joint Commission, OSHPD and Title 22 regulations regarding medical records.
- Ability to prepare written reports clearly and timely.
- 5. Other qualifications:
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with persons of varying educational and cultural backgrounds.
Washington Hospital Health System does not utilize any form of electronic chatting, such as Google chat for the purposes of interviewing candidates for employment. If you are contacted by any entity or individual attempting to engage you in this format, do not disclose any personal information and contact Washington Hospital Healthcare System.