Staff Nurse II - Birthing Center - Per Diem, 12 hour - Nights Variable
The Registered Nurse II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides fiscally responsible care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment/instrumentation, and other health care team members.
In addition to performing the essential functions listed below, the Registered Nurse II may also be assigned other duties as required.
- Graduate of a school or nursing, required.
- BSN, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year acute hospital experience, required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in Labor & Delivery, required.
- Current California RN license, required.
- Current certification in area of specialty, certification within the first year, preferred.
- AHA and BLS, required.
- AAP/AHA NRP certification, required.
- AHWONN Fetal monitoring class within the last two years, or will obtain within 3 months of hire, required.
- ACLS within 3 months of hire, required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work productively in a busy and complex environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills (in English).
Washington Hospital Health System does not utilize any form of electronic chatting, such as Google chat for the purposes of interviewing candidates for employment. If you are contacted by any entity or individual attempting to engage you in this format, do not disclose any personal information and contact Washington Hospital Healthcare System.