Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy - Per Diem 8-hr - Variable Shift
Salary Range: $36.83 - 48.23
Summary of Duties: Pharmacy Technicians assist Pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records. Pharmacy Technician is responsible for following established policies and procedures, receives, reviews, sorts and processes drug and supply orders. Responsibilities include preparing IV admixtures and chemotherapy, fill UD medications, Pyxis, barcoding and med. recon. Good knowledge of computer system. Prefer knowledge in barcoding, inventory management and Pyxis. Able to interview patients to complete Medication Reconciliation. Other duties as required.
- Mandatory high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- CPhT or Pharm Intern.
- Mandatory completion of a technician training program or equivalent pharmacy technician work experience required.
- CPhT certification or Pharm Intern license.
- Current Pharmacy Technician registration with the California State Board of Pharmacy is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year hospital pharmacy experience; inpatient experience.
- IV skills and barcode experience is preferred.
Special Skills or Abilities
- Good computer skills and able to maintain databases.
- Good communication skills and able to work all shifts.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including night shift.
Washington Hospital Health System does not utilize any form of electronic chatting, such as Google chat for the purposes of interviewing candidates for employment. If you are contacted by any entity or individual attempting to engage you in this format, do not disclose any personal information and contact Washington Hospital Healthcare System.