Patient Accounting Rep - Patient Accounting - Per Diem 8 hr - Days Variable
$31.71 - $38.34
The Patient Accounting Representative reviews, verifies, obtains, and corrects comprehensive patient financial status, payor source information and other relevant information needed to determine the financial responsibility of all registrations to Washington Hospital. Based on this information, the Patient Accounting Rep ensures that all appropriate financial sources and certification requirements are met to assure reimbursement for services provided. The Patient Accounting Rep is responsible for timely filling of all insurance claims. Reviews patient accounts to ensure all payments and adjustments are made timely and appropriately. Monitors outstanding accounts, processes refunds for overpaid accounts, receives and answers billing related inquiries. Secures payments arrangements from both insurance company as well as account guarantor.
In addition to performing the essential functions listed below, the Patient Accounting Rep may also be assigned other duties as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent, required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in insurance billing and follow-up.
- Minimum one (1) year experience with electronic billing and follow up system as well as personal computer experience.
- Knowledge of ICD10 terminology and CPT4 Procedure Coding, required.
- Knowledge of State Government regulations with regards to Medi-Cal eligibility and application process, preferred.
- Private Pay collection experience, preferred.
- Cash and adjustment posting background preferred with regards to quality control of payments and transactions to financial system.
- Epic EHR experience, preferred.
- Typing 25 WPM, required.
- Basic medical terminology, required.
- Knowledge of 10 key, preferred.
Washington Hospital Health System does not utilize any form of electronic chatting, such as Google chat for the purposes of interviewing candidates for employment. If you are contacted by any entity or individual attempting to engage you in this format, do not disclose any personal information and contact Washington Hospital Healthcare System.