Division Manager - Coastal Carolina
Division Manager (DM) manages superintendents, customer service managers, permit coordinators and division sales managers. Ensures construction adherence, quality, safety is performed on all homes within the division. Conducts weekly meetings with staff to ensure construction, sales and closings are progressing as scheduled. Spot checks neighborhoods to ensure compliance in all designated categories of focus per company guidelines and maintains a proper subcontractor base.
- Recruits and maintains superintendent & sales staff within their designated division per the company’s organization chart and strategic business plan.
- Ensures timely delivery of building permits prior to lot close
- Ensures all preconstruction timelines are maintained to provide the construction team an on-time start at every lot purchase
- Generate and review daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports reflecting the results of the division and assesses areas of improvement or focus as needed. I.E. SOC Report, Backlog review
- Inspects neighborhoods and homes weekly as part of a routine inspection process to ensure cleanliness, quality, safety, and schedule adherence are held to the company’s standards
- Weekly meetings with division staff to ensure accurate home closing dates are established and are achieved per the business plan.
- Trains division superintendents as new staff is onboarded and trains all superintendent staff in monthly construction meetings on safety and technical training.
- Assists Division Sales Manager as needed with recruiting and training of sales staff.
- Ensures a proper subcontractor allocation ensures schedule adherence, quality, and safety.
- Ensures timely completion of outstanding customer service requests and maintains a high level of customer service satisfaction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- People skills to articulately and professionally handle conflict with customers, building inspectors, and trade contractors.
- Minimum of 2 years prior management position in Residential Construction Industry
- In depth knowledge of technical construction materials and methods
- Ability to design & implement new training modules for builders & subcontractors within the division
- Aptitude to run and review reports and pin point areas of need that align with company initiatives
- Minimum 5 years within construction industry, preferably production experience in first time home buyer segment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification, accreditation or job experience
- Time of construction
- Customer satisfaction
- Budget/variance control
- Timeliness of completing WJH required docs
- 6-10 Superintendents
- 1-2 Customer Service Managers
- 1-2 Permit Coordinators
- 1 Division Sales Manager