Graphic Design & Marketing Specialist
Seattle-based Vulcan Inc. is looking for a Graphic Design & Marketing Specialist for Vulcan Arts + Entertainment.
Are you a marketing pro with strong graphic design skills passionate about brand communications?
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan.
On our Arts + Entertainment team, that means you will be part of a team guided by our Founders’ vision of investing in the region’s cultural fabric so new generations can explore and realize their true creative potential. Our portfolio of consumer-facing entities includes Upstream Music Fest + Summit, Seattle Art Fair, Seattle Cinerama, h Club London and h Club LA. We also represent and advance the activities of museums including the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP), Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum and the Living Computers: Museum + Labs. In addition to our current portfolio, we actively pursue new arts and entertainment endeavors.
As a member on our team you will…
- Support short and long-term marketing and communications strategies for Cinerama, Seattle Art Fair, and Living Computers: Museum + Labs and support our affiliate organizations like MoPOP and Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum. This role will also support other projects as specified that engage with multiple audiences across a variety of mediums and channels.
- Serve as the design hub internally and function like an agency by interacting with different business functions delivering design materials that builds brand engagement.
- Be a day-to-day designer for marketing and sales team creative needs for Cinerama and Living Computers: Museum + Labs, as well as other projects within the Vulcan Arts + Entertainment portfolio.
- Develop the visual assets used in a variety of creative projects, including presentations, sales collateral, advertisements, interior and exterior signage, packaging and digital marketing efforts.
- Be responsible for the design, layout, and formatting of materials. Designs may integrate typographic, photographic, illustrative, and graphic elements.
- Lead the design on high profile presentations.
- Through effective design, increase the reach and impact of the venues within the Arts + Entertainment portfolio, thereby contributing to the increase in attendance, sponsorship sales and private event sales.
- Brainstorm, develop and conceptualize new and innovative ideas to contribute toward dynamic campaign initiatives while maintaining brand integrity.
- Generate competitive and creative solutions to design problems and bringing new ideas to the team.
- Coordinate, execute, analyze and continuously improve marketing campaigns.
You will bring this experience and skillsets…
- Good knowledge of brand communication and designing for digital marketing campaigns.
- Ability to adapt to different visual styles, focusing on the look and feel, colors, and consistent branding within graphics.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to turn around graphics quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proof-read materials.
- Experience in the entertainment/events industry and developing creative assets focused on driving attendance/ticket sales.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; and 3-5 years related design experience at an ad agency, design firm, or within an internal creative services team; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Own a design portfolio that demonstrates a modern eye and strong illustrative skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Your characteristics include:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work well independently in a flexible, fast-paced and results oriented environment.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- A keen emotional intelligence quotient and a contained ego.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or your recruiter.