Managing Supervisor, Client Services Associates (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Branch Operations, Client Services
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Location: Halifax, NS
The Managing Supervisor, Client Services provides professional and practice leadership to Client Service Centre and is responsible for ensuring the provision of safe, effective quality client care. The position is accountable for working as part of an integrated Regional Management team to ensure the successful execution of site operational goals and for managing the delivery of in-home care services, staff hiring, supervision and training, and team operations.
- Directs and monitors the delivery of client care services and day to day functions and performance of the Client Service staff in accordance with current guidelines and VON policies, procedures, and standards.
- Monitors performance related to funder expectations regularly and contributes to the development and implementation of quality improvement activities to achieve performance targets through monitoring of reported services.
- Guides new employees through the orientation process and ensure all probationary reviews and stay interviews are completed.
- Applies working knowledge of the relevant collective agreements and application of local labour rules in daily decision-making activities.
- Receives and documents all employee, family and client complaints or issues related to service delivery; engages other VON managers in resolving the issue or complaint and escalates, if required, to the appropriate Senior Manager or Director.
- Works in collaboration to ensure staff are trained and competent within their roles.
- Provides leadership and commitment to building client and family engagement and following Accreditation Canada Standards.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Designations, and Experience:
- Bachelor or Post-Secondary education in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a client service, scheduling/planning environment.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing others.
- Experience in community work and working with community partners in a collaborative way.
- Experience engaging with municipal, provincial and national external groups in a related field.
- Experience in negotiation, conflict management, financial management and working with staff and volunteers.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Excellent critical thinking, assessment, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively structure daily work activities with minimal supervision.
- High level of organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to exercise innovation and identifying opportunities by practicing LEAN principles and methodologies.
- Strong public relations and networking skills.
- Demonstrated skill sets in leadership, and team building.
- Ability to accept and facilitate change.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk sit, stand, climb stairs; Repetitive fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.