RPN Team Lead (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Respite Services - Community Support Services
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: Yes
The RPN Team Lead is responsible for monitoring and directing care delivery, coordination and supervision of transdisciplinary team services for their assigned team in compliance with VON policies and procedures. Working within the Primary Care Team model of care, the RPN Team Lead facilitates the provision of safe, quality, client-centered health care services to the clients.
- Supervises the work of the team according to planning guidelines and geographical boundaries.
- Works with team members and Management to ensure adequate staffing requirements are met.
- Holds regular team meetings and huddles to keep team members appraised of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and information necessary for excellent service delivery and team effectiveness.
- Utilizes appropriate communication skills to obtain information for the client and/or family and appropriate members of the service delivery team.
- Provides complete, relevant assessments of the client/family and their environment utilizing established procedures.
- In collaboration with the service delivery team, contributes to the delivery of the client’s care plan.
- Documents problems identified using a specified framework.
- Selects and implements strategies or interventions from established care plans in consultation with client and/or caregiver and health care delivery team.
- Describes, evaluates and documents client’s responses to care utilizing established procedures.
- Utilizes best practice guidelines at all times.
- Utilizes adult learning principles and established training materials to teach and enhance skill levels of service providers including Client Care Coordinator as appropriate.
- Provides hands on personal care as required.
- Completes home visits with service providers for quality service and competency assessments and to ensure performance at optimal levels to meet client service requirements.
- Receives and documents all employee, family and client complaints/issues related to service delivery and takes appropriate steps to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Meets with individual team members to build education and learning plans and provides input to annual PDP.
- Acts as clinical resource to the service delivery team.
- Demonstrates effective time management, planning and organization of day’s work activities and of team members.
- In collaboration with the Client Care Coordinator, assigns visits to team as appropriate, with attention to urgent care requests including sick calls, missed visits and extra visits.
- Advocates on behalf of clients to ensure quality delivery of care is provided by utilizing established guidelines.
- Promotes client-directed care, self-care and independence through teaching.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Works collaboratively with Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs), Client Service Coordinators, service provision staff, management and funders.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Registered Practical Nursing (RPN) diploma.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in community based health care system.
- Registered with College of Nurses in province of practice.
- Team Lead or supervisory experienced preferred.
- Proficient nursing skills with the ability to read and interpret technical and clinical instructions.
- Clinical practice experience preferred.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Health teaching and facilitation experience preferred.
- Strong observation and assessment skills.
- Advanced computer skills required, including Microsoft Office Suite and Windows OS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal relationship building.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt nursing/unregulated service provider interventions as appropriate.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in hands on personal care.
- Coaching, mentoring and conflict resolution.
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle
- Current criminal background check including a vulnerable sector screen.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.