Case Coordinator (TFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Temporary, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: SMILE
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
Case Coordinators in the SMILE program are responsible for case management functions, including client determination of eligibility, assessment, admission, service planning and implementation, monitoring, reassessment, budget and discharge planning. Case Coordinators liaise with clients, caregivers and other members of the client circle of care.
- While working within an ethical framework, assess clients, determine eligibility, support goal setting, evaluate, identify risks, allocate budgets, problem solve and discharge.
- Works collaboratively with Clients and Caregivers, local Community Support Service Agencies (CSS), Home and Community Care, Service Providers/businesses, primary care to support client and care giver needs.
- Provides clients and caregivers system navigator to assist in achieving their goals and objectives towards optimal health and independent living.
- Work primarily in the Brockville area to visit clients in their homes to complete InterRAI CHA Assessments and work from home office.
- Able to meet the needs of clients by leveraging existing community resources, to develop a care plan.
- Understands and promotes the VON vision, mission and values. Works within the framework of Quality Management.
- Presentations to partner and interest groups.
- Knowledge of up-to-date software applications. Notably Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Post-Secondary Education in a Health Care or social services, Nurses or social workers preferred
- Strong Assessment Skills and experience in assessing
- Experience in community health including visits to client's homes
- Awareness of available community services and resources
- Strong Communication Skills
- Familiarity with assessment tools related to IADLS
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills with frail elderly
- Understands and uses effective communication methods/tools
- Ability to creatively develop care plans and support a large caseload
- Willing to attend orientation, training and team meetings at the Regional Management Center located in Trenton Ontario and travel throughout the SMILE geographic area when necessary
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A vulnerable Sector Search/police record check is required
- Ability to speak Intermediate Oral Level of French is preferred
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Cet article est disponible en français. Pour en demander une copie, veuillez téléphoné notre emplacement VON Kingston, numéro (613) 634- 0130