Senior Manager Campaign (Philanthropic Engagement) (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Philanthropy/Major Gifts
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
Location: Remote with Donor and Site visits
The Senior Manager, Campaign is responsible for soliciting philanthropic support for VON’s strategic priorities at the major gifts level. The Senior Manager, Campaign will build relationships that lead to philanthropic engagement from individual donors, corporations and foundations. At VON, we nurture leadership skills, lifelong learning, and collaborative working relationships amongst our teams. We offer Leadership Development designed to help our Managers succeed in their careers.
- Responsible for raising over $1M annually in support of VON’s strategic priorities fundraising campaigns.
- Builds and manages a portfolio of a minimum of 100 to 150 perspective and current major donors and implements a move management process with key donors.
- Actively solicits major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundation in support of VON’s strategic priorities.
- Provides timely and meaningful stewardship to major gift donors to strengthen relationships and identify opportunities for gift renewal.
- Develops sponsorship and corporate giving opportunities in support of VON’s strategic campaign priorities.
- Develops personalized donor proposals and implements customized stewardship plans.
- Lead Fund Development Campaign Coordinator for successful execution of pipeline activities and accurate gift receipting and data management.
- Create and maintain fund development policies and guidelines based on best practices and industry standards.
- Consults and collaborate with Engagement and Philanthropy team for prospect clearance.
- Provides leadership and support to the Campaign Volunteers who assist with identifying, soliciting and stewarding prospects.
- Manages the data management system (Raiser’s Edge) to ensure the accurate and timely recording and reporting of data.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on targets, preparing projections and provide recommendations when target levels are at risk.
- Promotes the strategy of VON and their role as an integrated community care provider to all stakeholders and staff.
- Prioritizes and ensures alignment of emerging opportunities in the community with VON strategic plan
- Provides leadership in navigating the requirements and complexities of unionized and non-unionized environments
- Coaches, advises, motivates, and provides leadership to staff; creates a positive workplace for staff.
- Promotes the Lean team management approach to ensure a common paradigm of management and discipline of management practices.
- Ensures there are mechanisms for all staff to come together to hear of organizational news and to provide feedback on what is working and what is not working.
- Ensures all Districts have a plan to complete performance development and learning plans with all staff.
- Promotes common approaches to orientation, learning, motivating, recognizing and supporting staff when achieving organizational goals; such as meeting or exceeding KPIs, meeting or exceeding milestones.
- Provides leadership and commitment to building client and family engagement and following accreditation Canada Standards.
- Provides leadership in the promotion of a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, that KPIs related to safety are regularly reviewed by management, that appropriate investigations occur when needed, and plans to address issues are created and acted upon.
- Promotes the use of technology-based systems for the capture, transformation and distribution of knowledge.
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place in the Region.
External and Internal Relationships
- Forges affiliations with VON staff across functional departments and in regional sites by providing consultation, coaching and support as a team resource within the fund management function.
- Works with internal partners, including functional departments on regional or national projects.
- Works with external partners, including community boards and corporations, individual, corporate and foundation donors and government, agency and community service funders.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Degree in relevant field of study.
- Minimum ten (10) years of fundraising management experience including a minimum of five (5) years managing others is essential.
- Experience in planning and executing significant fund development programs and campaigns in collaboration with volunteers.
- Must be fully conversant with CRA requirements as they apply to registered charities.
- Experience working in an organization with a national/local dynamic.
- Knowledge of fundraising processes, best practices and current industry trends.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset.
- Experience working in the Health and/or community support services sector an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships with people at all levels (internal and external)
- Excellent conceptual and critical thinking, assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accept and facilitate change.
- Ability to use evidence-based and data-driven decision-making skills in relationship to key work strategies.
- Highly proficient user of a fundraising data base (Raiser’s Edge preferable).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office software including Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, multi-task and balance competing priorities. Demonstrated ability to effectively structure daily work activity with minimal supervision focused on the achievement of goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships.
- Demonstrated skillsets in leadership, and team building.
- Ability to accept and facilitate change.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Register Check may be required,
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the site/region.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Other terms commonly searched for this type of opportunity: fundraising, philanthropy, manager major gifts, engagement, fund development manager, fund development lead, campaign manager, engagement manager
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception). To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.