Employment Status: Temporary, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Meals on Wheels
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Union/Bargaining Unit: CUPE
Anticipated End Date: October 2023
On Call: No
The Client Service Representative receives and processes referrals and updates, and responds to inquiries from the community, customers, clients, doctors, service providers, and other agencies.
- Maintains accurate documentation and communications to clients, service providers and other VON staff.
- Utilizes appropriate customer service and communication skills to obtain information from the client/family where applicable and inputs all information using Procura software
- Schedules client requested meal deliveries using Procura software
- Provides delivery assignments, with Procura software, using knowledge of local geography that meets client and volunteer needs and maximizes client continuity.
- Keeps up-to-date with daily changes such as changes in client service authorizations, dietary needs/restrictions, or volunteer availability.
- Reschedules volunteer deliveries when there is an unexpected change or volunteer sick call.
- Prepares and forwards modified client meals weekly to kitchen chefs for advance preparation
- Assembles and organizes all outgoing meals accordingly by routes for volunteer pickup at the kitchen location
- Wash’s and sanitizes all delivery route bags and packaging area when used at the kitchen location
- Completes program specific deposits weekly (Meals on Wheels and Footcare)
- Enters data referral information and logs all necessary statistical information as requested by program supervisor.
- Ensures client and staff confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor
- Diploma or Certification in Office Administration
- Certificate in Medical Terminology is an asset
- 2 to 3 years experience in office environment and/or community health care organization
- Previous experience working in health care sector and/or planning and scheduling would be considered assets
- Ability to provide high quality customer service in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, problem solving & critical thinking
- Highly organized with a proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of operation of standard business office equipment (i.e. postage meter, fax, photocopier, etc.)
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception). To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.