Administrative Assistant I (CSJ - Summer Student)
To be eligible to participate in the Canada Summer Jobs program, applicants must;
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*The youth must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as the youth was 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
**International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. Youth awaiting a refugee status ruling, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, youth visa or work visa are ineligible. As the objective of the Canada Summer Jobs program is to support youth entering the Canadian labour market, the temporary nature of an international student’s time in Canada does not allow for a long-term connection to the labour market.
Employment Status: Students (Paid)
Program Name: Meals on Wheels
Work Schedule: Days
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 70
On Call: No
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the Community Supports Services (CSS) programs while promoting a positive image of VON and offering the highest level of customer service.
- Processing site/program timesheets
- Accounts receivable/payments
- Processing intakes
- Statistics and reporting
- Data entry
- Other tasks as required
- Possible Route Delivery of Meals
- Need valid drivers license and vehicle
- Secondary school diploma required; post secondary education preferred
- Minimum of three years professional and continuous office experience required
- Experience in working with seniors and adults with disabilities is an asset
- Procura experience is a strong asset
- Strong computer skills are required, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to quickly learn and work with a computerized Database Management software
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as a member of the VON team
- Ability to maintain professionalism, as well as to work cooperatively with colleagues, clients, families, and other community agencies as required
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to accept direction, as well as the willingness to adapt to change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact