Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Home Support
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 80
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
Area of work: Annapolis County, NS
Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in healthcare? Apply by September 23, 2019, to join our October 7th Orientation
Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in healthcare?
Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON CCA’s collaborate with community health teams to provide
Work with us - Make a difference
As a Continuing Care Assistant, you will work in the community to provide services including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and respite to clients in their own homes
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification, consideration will also be given to candidates with certification (PSW, HSW, etc.) from another province and/or relevant working experience who are eligible for the NS CCA Recognizing Prior Learning (RPL) Program.
- RN/LPN students currently enrolled in a program will also be considered
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Current CPR/First Aid required
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to change and work in various social and economic environments
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.